10.04.2008

Shrimp and Corn Soup

I can't believe I'm sharing this one, but since someone I love dearly was nice enough to share it with me I guess it's not a secret.  Thanks Kay-Kay for sharing, I'm not always the best at sharing a good thing.

2 cans cream style corn
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can rotel tomatoes
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped parsley, (has to be fresh)
1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
2 stalks celery, chopped
4 cups water
1 can cream of celery soup
2 tbls Worchestershire sauce
Tony's to taste (I never use this spice, I use something diffferent)
1-1/2 lbs. shrimp, peeled
1 bunch of green onions

Put all ingredients in slow cooker, EXCEPT the shrimp and green onions.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Add shrimp during last hour of cooking and put slow cooker on high for the last hour.  Garnish with green onions.  It's just that easy!

*This makes soooo much soup and it's wonderful to freeze.  Don't make the mistake however of cutting the cooking time.  I wouldn't suggest that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails