1. Make it really easy. The best parties are the ones where the host has fun.
2. Make in advance. The more you do ahead the less you will have to do when guests arrive.
3. Buy as much as you can. Just make a few things, they go a long way.
4. Make food that is familiar & comforting. Now is not the time to show off.
5. Have a really good time. This should be a no- brainer, but it needs to be stated.
She was giving these tips on one of her shows and I jotted them down because it made quite the impression on me. I'm good at going all out, but for a dinner party these are good to keep in mind.