8.28.2008

Triple Chocolate Cake Balls

I made up the triple part, but read on and you will see why.  I made these last night for the first time and love love loved them.  So Chocolate Lovers listen up... It's not my fault if you become addicted to these things.  Make at your own risk.  I am not a chocolate person and these are excellent.

1 box Duncan Hines Chocolate Cake Mix
1-1/3 c whole milk
1/2 c sour cream
1 (4oz) pkg chocolate pudding
2 large eggs

1/2 to 1 c Nutella
Dipping Chocolate

Mix on low one minute.  Scrap sides.  Mix on med high 2 min.  Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan and Bake @ 325 degrees for 35 min or until toothpick comes out clean.

Once cake has cooled remove from pan into a large bowl and crumble.  Add 1/2 to 1 cup of Nutella or another binder (Chocolate syrup or anything gooey) until you can form into a ball without it falling apart.  Place cake ball on a fork.  Melt dipping chocolate and spoon over cake ball.  Let dry (I put mine in the freezer) or harden.  Eat and enjoy.
Courtesy of Janell Smith @ Janellscakes.com

I begged her for this recipe which she briefly told me how easy it was and was like just use my chocolate cake recipe (above) and use a binder with dipping chocolate, it's that easy.  Hope you find it just as easy as the professional cake decorator.





1 comment:

The Awesome Rawsons said...

you can also nuke a can of frosting in the microwave and pour that in the crumbled cake as a binder. that's what i've always used. i'll bet the nutella is excellent, though. i'll have to try it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails