10.15.2010

Snickerdoodles!

For those of you who have heard of these cookies and love them I'm so happy to share this recipe with you. If you have no idea what these are... let me just say they are probably my most favorite cookie (next to PB) in the world! Probably because I have so many fond memories attached to them. In my teenage years I would make this cookie dough just to eat it raw. I was pretty obsessed! Enjoy. My sister just gave me my mom's recipe from an old cookbook I thought was gone forever. I'm so happy it wasn't!

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1-1/2 cups plus 2 tbls sugar, divided
2 eggs
2-3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon

In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat butter, shortening, 1-1/2 cups sugar and eggs until well mixed. Blend in flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt.

Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls. Combine cinnamon and remaining 2 tbls of sugar. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mix. Place balls 2-in apart, on ungreased baking sheets.

Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven 8-10 min or until set. Let cool on wire racks.
Makes about 6 dozen cookies
from my Mom's old cookie cookbook

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails