4.27.2010

Crawfish Monica

This is one of the most popular dishes at the NOLA Jazz Fest. I knew I had to try it since I just had leftover crawfish tails from a crawfish boil.

1lb crawfish tails, boiled and peeled OR 1lb lump crabmeat OR 1lb oysters, drained and quartered (gross!)
1 stick butter (NO Margarine)
1 pint half and half
1 good sized bunch of green onions, chopped
3-10 cloves garlic, chopped (to your taste)
1-2 tbs Creole Seasoning
1lb. cooked pasta (use your fav)

In a large pot saute onions and garlic for about 3 min. Add seafood and saute for about 2 min. Add the half and half, then several big pinches of Creole Seasoning, (I used Louisiana Brand) tasting before the next pinch until you think it's just right. Cook for 5-10 min over med heat until the sauce thickens. (It was a LONG 10 min for me so finally I threw a tbls of flour in there to speed the process up). Let it sit for 10 min over very low heat, stirring often. (I omitted this part cause I was hungry, but I'm sure this is where the sauce gets thicker). Serve immediately, with lots of french bread.

**This recipe even says Look, relax! Just don't eat this everyday...!!! Thought that was hilarious :)

**The only thing I would really change is not adding the seafood so early. Since I had to cook my sauce for a little while, I would suggest adding it later on in the cooking process of the sauce**

**Oh and don't skimp on the garlic or onions. If you notice those are really the only key ingredients to add flavor... VERY important to not skimp**

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails