11.26.2009

Pumpkin Cheesecake


This is yum yum. I made it last Thanksgiving, but it didn't get there in one piece. So, I tried again. Success!!! I changed Paula Deen's recipe up a bit. So here's my version.

Crust:
1-3/4 c vanilla wafers (I hate graham cracker crust)*
3 tbls light brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c chopped pecans (a must)*
1 stick melted butter
Filling:
3 (8oz) pkgs cream cheese, room temp
1 (150z) can pureed pumpkin
3 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 c sour cream
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg*
1/4 tsp cloves*
1/4-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
2 tbls flour
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For Crust:
In med bowl, combine crumbs, sugar, nuts, & cinnamon. Add melted butter. Press down flat into a 9-in springform pan. Set aside.
For Filling:
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and the spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined. Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 mn. Cover with plastic wrap and let refrigerate for 4 hours.

****I would HIGHLY suggest doing a water bath for this. I did it both ways and when I did it with a water bath, guess what... no cracks! Just wrap foil around the springform a few times and put in a roasting pan with some water and bake. Works like a charm****
Adopted from Paula Deen and *changed by Jenn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails